Last updated: 21st September, 2023
We collect and process personal information about you in order to provide you with quotations or a contract of insurance, or to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, or for the legitimate interests of providing you with our products and services. That personal information is likely to include at least your name and email address and any additional personal data you give us as part of the quote or on-boarding journey, including your home address.
In order to provide you with these insurance services, we will also have to share your personal data with certain organisations.
- We will, for example, provide companies in the Zurich Insurance Group with your personal data for the purposes of underwriting the bicycle insurance provided and to support the handling of claims. More information about their handling of your personal data can be found here.
- We will also provide Caytons Law, MGAM Limited and Builders Direct with your personal data for the purposes of underwriting the liability insurance provided and to support the handling of claims.
- We will also provide Sportscover Europe Limited and Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty with your personal data for the purposes of underwriting the liability insurance provided and to support the handling of claims.
As the holder of this policy, I hereby waive my right to the insurance secrecy under article 300 of Luxembourg Insurance Law and authorise Builders Direct S.A. to share with and transfer any of my details or confidential information, including personal data to Laka Limited trading as Laka, MGAM Limited, in case of a claim, Caytons Law or any other appointed claims adjuster, external auditors, professional advisers and consultants in order to enable Builders Direct to carry out its obligations under this policy. I can revoke this authorisation and waiver at any time.
- We might share personal data with law enforcement for the purpose of validating crime references and claims related circumstances.
- To communicate with you through email and real-time chat with use Intercom, Crisp, Customer.io, Dixa. We include personal data in these communications and use personal data to customise the messages you receive.
- To detect errors in our system early we use LogRocket to analyse how you interact with our system and if there have been problems using our website. Personal identifiable data may be transmitted to LogRocket in form of IP addresses. All sensitive information you provide us with are excluded from the recordings with LogRocket and never leave your browser.
- We use Heap Analytics, Facebook Analytics, VWO(Wingify Software Pvt. Ltd) and Google Analytics to analyse how you interact with our system and to serve you advertisements through their respective channels if relevant. No sensitive information you provide us with will be shared with either platforms.
- We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host our website or associated mobile applications in the UK. Your information are encrypted on these server and not accessible by employees from AWS.
Please note that we may have to provide such information to third parties and / or send information for processing to other companies which may or may not be located within the European Economic Area. At all times we will do our best to treat your information with respect and confidentiality and that safeguarding is in line with the requirements of European data protection laws.
We may seek your permission to obtain personal data from Social Media platforms as part of the on boarding journey (Strava / Facebook login) and subsequently. We may further enrich your profile with additional data that is publicly available or, with your explicit permission, access more detailed information on alternative platforms (Instagram, Twitter etc).
We will hold your personal data for as long as necessary. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, to request that we correct your information if it is inaccurate and to ask us to delete or transfer your personal data. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
If you want to know more about how we use personal information or have any data protection questions, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Laka Ltd:
7 East Tenter Street
London E1 8DN