The collective is a group of avid cyclists, connected by a common interest, their bikes. We only onboard customers who we believe will play fair and take good care.
We don't lump your bike(s) together with ipads, watches, and washing machines, like a traditional home insurance policy.
It's just you and your bike, covered by them and theirs. Simple.
The collective is both broad and inclusive. No matter who you are or where you come from, if you love cycling, you can join the collective!
Here are some key stats about our collective*:
- Greenest Rookie: 19 years old
- Most Grizzled Vet: 76 years old
- Longest ride from home to the Laka office: 584 miles
- Shortest ride from home to the Laka office: Under 500m!! (Pop in for a coffee - Not to brag but we have a double nespresso machine...)
- 15% Female riders - and growing
- Most expensive bike: £9,800
Our collective has room for all sorts of pedal-powered passion projects - we're looking after cargo bikes, e-bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, time trial bikes, cyclocross bikes, gravel bikes, kids bikes, commuter bikes.... you get the picture. Practically the only thing we don't have right now is a penny farthing. If you know anyone, get in touch - we promise we'll film whatever happens!
This is what Median Morgan looks like - they're in the middle of the pack:
- 35 years old
- Rides a: Cannondale
- Bike value: £2,478
- Joined up in: July
- Crazy about: Bikes! (...sorry)
Want to know where you can slipstream other members of the coolest cycling team around? Checkout this map of all the places you guys** like to ride:
*As of 11.04.20**Based on a sample of anonymised rides from members with Strava